Thanks for taking care of Shadow and Marmalady!
They're super pumped you're here! We've written a bit of guide on how to look after them...
Feeding time at the zoo
- They need feeding twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. They eat raw food and also dry food.
- Dry food should be topped up when it's running low and is always available for them to eat. You can find more on the top shelf in the hallway cupboards.
- Raw food should given in the morning and evening. No specific timings but between 7am - 9am and 5pm and 7pm are fine.
- Defrosted raw food is kept in the fridge, the rest is stored in the freezer. When the defrosted tub is running low you can stick one in the fridge to defrost over the day.
- No specific weights need to be given but a heaped table spoon should do it, something around 100g is fine if you want to weigh it.
- There are treats on the shelf in the kitchen, feel free to give them some!
- WATER! They have a water fountain in the living room next to the door. Make sure this is topped up, there's a little window on the side to see the level of water. If you can hear the water running it's usually a good indication it's ready to have some more.
This is an example of their raw food. The silver bowl and been mushed around
- Please empty the litter once a day. The scoop and bags are on top of the litter box.
- Used bags go in the bin in the kitchen.
- Fill up the litter when it's running a bit low, there are boxes of litter in the cupboard in the hallway. It's a purple box branded Catit.
Other important things to know
- Keep the kitchen door closed when you're not in the kitchen. They'll go in there and cause mayhem if it's open.
- Keep the living room door open at all times, they need access to it all the time.
- Please don't leave food, cups, plates or anything they can knock off a table as they probably will knock it off.
- Shadow loves to go outside. His routine is usually to go out for a few hours in the morning and come back around 11-12. He might snooze a bit then go out again in the afternoon. If you're heading out in the next hour or so it's usually wise to keep him in.
- If you're not comfortable letting him out then no worries!
- Marmalady loves to go outside and chase flys. She can go outside only when supervised. It can be a bit tricky getting her back in though...
- Marmalady doesn't have a collar so please be careful if you are outside with her! Fortunately she doesn't appear to realise she can jump so she hasn't yet explored outside of the garden walls.
Medical / Vets / Emergency
- If you feel there is anything wrong with the cats please get in touch! However small it may be.
- Our vets are Goddard Brixton. We are registered with them under Shadow/Marmalady Monk
- There is an emergency vet very close to us, South London Emergency Veterinary Clinic - we are not registered with them but they should see you no fuss.
- If you need to transport them you can use the cat carrier stored under the stairs.
What do they do when they're eating?
- Most of the time they sleep but they do like to play! You can find toys around the living room. There's a box of toys under the cabinet.
- They enjoy the feather on the long string a lot!
AKA Shads, Shad Man, Boy, Boy Boy, Monkey, Bruza, Mr
Shadow is chill, if he's inside he'll mostly be sleeping. If it's warm he'll be sleeping on the floor, if it's cold he'll be in his tower.
- Going outside
- Head tickles
- Looking out of windows
Marmalady is chill but not as chill as Shadow, she'll be sleeping a lot but sometimes not.
- Chasing flies
- Playing with toys
- Eating things off the floor
- Looking out of windows